As technology progresses and becomes more interwoven with our businesses and lives, more data is collected about business and personal activities. This era of
has exploded due to the rise of cloud computing, which provides an abundance of computational power and storage, allowing organizations of all sorts to capture and store data. Leveraging that data effectively can provide timely insights and a competitive advantage.
The creation of data-backed visualizations is a key way data scientists, or any professional, can explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Microsoft® Power BI® software is designed for this purpose. Power BI was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Power BI’s data connection capabilities and visualization features go far beyond those that can be found in spreadsheets, allowing users to create compelling and interactive worksheets, dashboards, and stories that bring data to life and turn data into thoughtful action.
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data-management tools such as Microsoft Excel or SQL Server reporting server to perform numerical or general data analysis. They are responsible for conducting data analysis and providing reports about their analysis, and are looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients.
To ensure your success, you should have experience managing data with a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
Optionally, having experience with other data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics™ or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, as well as an understanding of database design concepts and basic programming constructs such as looping and branching, will help you get even more out of this course.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will explore and visualize data with Power BI.
- Analyze data with self-service BI.
- Connect to data sources.
- Perform advanced data modeling and shaping.
- Visualize data with Power BI.
- Enhance data analysis.
- Model data with calculations.
- Create interactive visualizations.
Lesson 1:Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Topic A:Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Topic B:Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
Lesson 2:Connecting to Data
- Topic A:Create Data Connections
- Topic B:Model Data with Relationships
- Topic C:Save Power BI Files
Lesson 3:Performing Advanced Data Modeling and Shaping
- Topic A:Clean and Transform Data with the Query Editor
- Topic B:Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Topic C:Combine and Manage Data Rows
Lesson 4:Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Topic A:Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Topic B:Chart Data in Power BI
Lesson 5:Enhancing Data Analysis
- Topic A:Enhance Analysis with Customized Visuals and Pages
- Topic B:Enhance Analysis with Tooltips
Lesson 6:Modeling Data with Calculations
- Topic A:Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Topic B:Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
Lesson 7:Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Topic A:Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Topic B:Filter and Slice Reports
- Topic C:Create Dashboards in Power BI
Read HTML articles in our blog section to learn everything about web design and development. You will find great tips.